This bread was part of the birthday dinner that I made for my mom. The other items that I made can be found in separate posts:
Yields: 12 muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Coarsely ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 1 cup buttermilk, room temp
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup “sun-ripened” tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus additional 1-2 Tbsp for garnish
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan or line with paper liners. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper into mixer bowl.
- Lightly beat eggs and add to mixer bowl. Add buttermilk, melted butter, tomatoes, basil, and Parmesan cheese. Mix on medium speed until just combined - do not overmix.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin pan, about 2/3 full. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, until well risen, golden brown, and firm to the touch.
- Let muffins cool 5 minutes in the pan before removing. Serve warm or cool completely and store covered for 3 days.