Whoever invented coffee cake is a genius. I mean, you basically get to eat dessert for breakfast! I repeat. Genius! This is the perfect accompaniment to your morning cup of coffee, tea, or hot chocolate. It's also enough to satisfy my husband's sweet tooth as dessert.
Please try this one...and be prepared to be blown away!
One Year Ago: Jamie's Minestrone
Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- 1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar, then mix in the egg yolks and vanilla. Sift flour, baking soda and baking powder together into a separate bowl. Alternately add sour cream and then dry ingredients into butter mixture. Beat eggs whites until stiff, then fold into batter. Mix last 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon together in a separate, small dish.
- In a greased 9″x13″ pan (or 9" round pan for half recipe), pour in half of the cake batter. Sprinkle the top with half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture and half of the chocolate chips. Pour remaining batter on top, sprinkling the top with the remaining cinnamon-sugar and chocolate chips. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.