It was the perfect ending to the Prom dinner that I made for my sister and her friends. The other dishes served were Olive Garden Copycat Salad (recipe to come), Garlic Bread, Pizza Bites, Baked Sausage Ziti, and Chicken Alfredo.
I was honored that they wanted me to cook for their special night. It was extremely satisifying to see them clear their plates and go back for seconds. They said it was better than a restaurant and even asked if they could come back for dinner again in the future! If that's not a compliment, I don't know what is. I was amazed by how much those boys ate but I guess teenage boys do eat quite a bit. Every single one of them must have overate though because Chris had to hand out the Tums afterwards haha. (I probably should have supported my brand and made them take Pepto instead, huh?)
Anyway, did you know that a traditional parfait of this sort would have 490 calories and 40 g of fat per serving?! Thankfully this version is lightened up with a slim 198 calories and 3 g of fat per serving. So, now you have room for dessert!
One Year Ago: Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Treats
White Chocolate Strawberry Parfaits
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours, 20 minutes
Yields: 4 Servings
- 1/2 cup low-sugar strawberry preserves
- 1 1/4 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 package (1 oz) sugar-free, fat-free white chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1 1/4 cups low-fat 1% milk
- 1 1/4 cups thawed fat-free whipped topping
- 24 mini vanilla wafer cookies
- Whole strawberries (optional)
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave strawberry preserves on high in 15 second intervals until melted. Add sliced strawberries and toss to coat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk pudding mix and milk until well blended, about 1 minute. Let stand until thickened, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in 1 cup of whipped topping.
- In each (8 oz) dessert glass (I used a wine glass), layer 1/3 cup pudding mixture, 2 Tbsp sliced strawberry mixture, 6 cookies, and 1/4 cup pudding mixture. Top with remaining sliced strawberry mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours. Just before serving, top with remaining whipped topping and if desired, garnish with whole strawberries.
Protein: 4 g
Fat: 3 g (1 g saturated)
Trans fat: 0 g
Cholestrol: 6 mg
Carbs: 39 g
Sodium: 365 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 22 g
Source: Woman's World, March 2010 p. 33