It's a meal that your whole family will enjoy and comes together in a pinch. To make it even easier, I used popcorn chicken rather than slicing chicken tenders. How's that for lazy?
Coming up next week: something for 4th of July! Some other festive recipes from years past are already listed below, too.
One Year Ago: Chorizo and Sweet Potato Lettuce Wraps, Panera Mac and Cheese, Summer Corn Fettuccine, and Pulled Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches
Two Years Ago: Summer Strawberry Salad with Poppy Seed Vinaigrette and Herbed Potato Salad
Three Years Ago: Orange Berry Muffins and Firecracker Shrimp
Four Years Ago: Pasta Salad
Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- 1/2 pound breaded popcorn chicken, heated
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 jar of your favorite sauce, or equivalent of homemade
- Italian seasoning to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 pound penne or other short pasta
- Cook pasta to al dente according to packaging directions and then set aside.
- Meanwhile in a large covered skillet, heat oil. Add onion and season with salt and pepper and cook until the onion is translucent and tender. Add garlic; cook and stir 30 seconds, then stir in the spaghetti sauce. Add Italian seasoning and additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine pasta, chicken pieces, sauce, and stir until everything is evenly heated. Top with mozzarella cheese, cover, and let sit over a low flame until it melts. Serve hot.