I forgot to get a picture this time so please enjoy Elly's for now.
Herb Breaded Tilapia
- 2 tilapia fillets
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 egg
- 1 lemon, divided
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp, fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tsp. fresh chopped thyme
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Season the tilapia with salt and pepper and then dredge in the flour, shaking off any excess.
- Lightly beat an egg in a small baking dish or bowl and mix in the juice of half the lemon. In another dish, combine the breadcrumbs, parsley, thyme, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Dip the floured tilapia first in the egg, and then into the breadcrumb mixture, coating evenly and pressing to adhere if necessary.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat, and add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Once hot (if you flick a little piece of the breadcrumb mixture in there and it bubbles/sizzles, you’re good to go), add the tilapia. Cook for approximately 3 minutes per side, or until fish is cooked through and flakes with a fork.
- Cut the remaining half lemon into wedges and serve alongside the tilapia.