Can you guess who picked this particular recipe? I'll give you a hint: peanut butter. That'd be my husband. Although, I have to admit that lately, I've been digging his signature flavor, too. The banana made these bars ultra moist and the flavor combination of peanut butter, banana, and chocolate is classic.
One Year Ago: Apple Cider Butter and Shrimp with Green Apple Chipotle Salsa
Three Years Ago: Turkey Bean Pumpkin Chili
Peanut Butter, Banana, and Nutella Bars
|Photo Credit: Emily H.|
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup mashed bananas (about 1 banana)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread (I used my homemade Nutella!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 8x8 pan and set aside.
- Mix melted butter with brown sugar and beat until smooth. Beat in egg and then vanilla. Add salt and stir in flour. Mix in bananas, peanut butter, and hazelnuts. Pour into prepared pan.
- Melt the Nutella in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds. Drop by the spoonfuls over the batter and then swirl with a knife.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set in the middle. Cool on a wire rack before cutting.
Source: The Spiffy Cookie