It didn't take me long to decide on a recipe since I'm still working through my 16 cups of pumpkin puree and this one was staring at me on the homepage. However, I'm not much of a gingersnap fan and wanted to keep this really light and fluffy. Easy enough because I used graham crackers instead of gingersnaps and just sprayed some whip cream in place of the cheesecake layers. If you'd rather use the cheesecake layer (which I'll admit, does sound wonderful!), checkout the original recipe linked below in the source.
It has all the flavor of a pumpkin pie with a light, silky texture making it the perfect easy, no-bake dessert to impress your Thanksgiving guests. Heck, I would even eat this one for breakfast if I added some crumbled granola or maybe some nuts. Since it's made with 0% fat Greek yogurt, it's practically sinless!
One Year Ago: Savory BBQ Pulled Pork Cinnamon Roll and Taco Dip
Two Years Ago: Roast Beef with Onion Gravy
Three Years Ago: Peanut Butter Fudge Cheesecake
Four Years Ago: Sweet Potato Souffle and Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
Pumpkin Pie Yogurt Parfaits
Yields: 6 servings
- 15 oz fresh or canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cups nonfat Greek yogurt
- whipped cream or Cool Whip
- 6 graham crackers
- In a large bowl, stir together pumpkin puree, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and yogurt.
- Place cookies in a ziplock bag. Crush with a rolling pin until you have crumbles.
- Starting with the yogurt on the bottom, divide pumpkin yogurt, whipped cream, and graham cracker crumbs into six tall serving glasses making however may layers you want. Refrigerate until serving.
Source: Modified from Deanna Segrave-Daly, RD of Teaspoon of Spice