This is a recipe that's a total keeper AND Alex-friendly! Who knew that something so simple could taste so good? It's spicy and sweet with a wonderful crunch. And get this. ZERO oil! The secret to achieving this is by using light, airy panko bread crumbs and baking on a wire rack so that both sides get nice and crisp.
We made them last night and I literally had to make a quick blog post to share with you all. That's how much we loved this meal! I apologize for the horrible lighting in the photo but that's what happens when you eat in the dark. Boo Winter!
Baked Honey Sriracha Chicken Tenders
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Sriracha hot chili sauce
- 14 oz uncooked chicken tenders without breading (or use boneless skinless chicken breast and slice into tender-sized pieces)
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place a wire baking rack on a large cookie sheet and spray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl or large ziplock bag, mix together honey and Sriracha sauce. Add chicken tenders and toss or squish to coat.
- Add bread crumbs in a separate large ziplock bag. Transfer chicken tenders into bag. Seal and shake to coat. Place chicken on wire rack.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink in center and bread crumbs are golden brown. If desired, serve with additional honey Sriracha sauce for dipping.
Source: Barely modified from Betty Crocker