Monday, October 22, 2012

Mac and Cheese Contest

[[10/23/11 UPDATE: RECIPE ENTRY PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED!  PLEASE CHECK BACK AS RECIPES ARE SHARED SO YOU CAN TRY TO WIN BY SHARING/COMMENTING!]]

Noodles noodles in my bowl.
Who is the mac and cheesiest on the whole?

This is my mission to find out and I proudly announce my first ever blog recipe contest featuring MAC AND CHEESE!

Without a doubt the ultimate comfort food for many people is Mac and Cheese.  While I'm sure we all grew up on the blue box of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, our tastes have probably matured a bit since then.  Oh, who are we kidding?  The blue box is pretty darn good every once in awhile!  But, still nothing compared to "from scratch".

Mac and Cheese has grown up right along with us.  There is mac made with cheese I could never pronounce as a kid (and still struggle with today!).  There is mac and cheese with gourmet ingredients like lobster and truffle oil.  There is even mac and cheese that is deep fried (because well...you can deep fry everything). There's no doubt that it's a versatile dish that can go from simple and inexpensive to gourmet with a price tag to match.  And they're all equally delicious!  Some restaurants such as Keystone Bar and Grill even have an entire menu dedicated to the humble mac and cheese!

When I was pregnant with my little angel, it was the food that I craved the most.  So, I dedicate this contest to him (I believe it was a boy though we'll never know for sure) and look forward to having lots of cheesy, carby goodness to help get us all through the Winter blues.

How to Enter

How's this going to work, you ask?  It's simple and there are two great ways you can enter! 
  1. If you have a mac and cheese recipe that you love, just email it to me at christineskitchenchronicles@gmail.com.  I will accept the FIRST SEVEN (7) ENTRIES that I receive.

    You do not need to have a blog to enter nor does it have to be an original recipe.  However, I ask that you please cite the source so that due credit can be given.  It can be a classic, no frills recipe or it can be chock full of other goodies.  It can be stovetop or baked.  You submit it, I make it!
  2. Each time I share a Mac and Cheese recipe during the contest, SHARE MY POST using your favorite social media (such as your own blog, facebook, twitter, google+, pintrest, etc.) AND LEAVE A COMMENT with your email address (so I know how to contact you if you win!) and the link showing me that you shared.  You can do this once per recipe for a total of seven (7) entries.  
Sorry but open to US residents only, please.

Judging and Prizes

Over the next few months, I will make the submitted mac and cheese recipes and post both the recipe and our review of said recipe on my blog.  Friends and family take note - I will probably need your help in eating and taste testing these!  Once I am done trying all six recipes, I will pick a Mac and Cheese Champion.  You will receive your choice of ONE of the following two cookbooks: Mac & Cheese by Ellen Brown and Mac and Cheese, Please! by Laura Werlin.  The Mac and Cheese Champion gets first pick.

I'll keep a running log of all the post sharing comments and at the end of the contest, I'll pick a random winner using Random.org.  The randomly selected commenter will receive the other cookbook.

Both cookbooks are dedicated ENTIRELY to Mac and Cheese.  How's that for inspiration?  Huh?

Mac and Cheese, Please! by Laura Werlin

Thanks and looking forward to trying all of your delicious recipes!
Christine

Disclosure - This blog is a personal blog written and edited by Christine @ Christine's Kitchen Chronicles. The owner(s) of this blog was compensated with free products to provide an opinion on the products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

No comments: