Award CriteriaTo receive this award, the blogger must share the following with their readers:
- Thank the person who honored them with this award and post their links;
- Nominate 15 other blogs for this honor; and
- Tell readers seven things about themselves.
The Blogs I'd Like to Nominate Are (In alphabetical order because I just went through my extensive blog list in Google Reader!)...
- Apple a Day
- Beantown Baker
- Coffee and Cannolis
- Confections of a Foodie Bride
- Delicious Melicious
- Kayotic Kitchen
- Macaroni and Cheesecake
- Mother Thyme
- Pink Parsley
- Prevention RD
- Steak N Potatoes Kinda Gurl
- That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- The Teenage Taste
- The Way the Cookie Crumbles
- What's Cookin' Chicago
Seven Things About Me...
- If I could only eat ONE thing for the rest of my life, hands down it would be Skyline Chili 3-ways. No, this is not something dirty nor perverted. It's FOOD, people! I'm a proud Cincinnatian through and through and
jokingly...no seriously...say that this is one reason I could never move away from home. It's a hometown favorite and so unique. Though they sell cans and frozen versions and I've also tried to re-create this unique chili at home, it's really just not the same as stopping by your local chili parlor.
- I have traveled to six of the seven continents. Only Africa is left outstanding and that would have been completed too had the Egyptians not rioted last year resulting in cancellation of our port-of-call. According to my Where I've Been app, I've seen 28 countries or 12% of the world (blue) and so there's still lots left on my wishlist (green)!
- Speaking of travel, I'm addicted to cruising. Specifically, I'm very loyal to Royal (Caribbean) where I've spent 45 nights of my life on one of their cruise ships. That's not counting the additional nights spent cruising other lines - 7 nights when we once strayed to Norwegian Cruise Line and 10 nights aboard our Antarctic expedition ship (Clipper Adventurer with Quark) since that's the only way you can really see and experience the continent. That's 62 days or OVER TWO MONTHS in total! Yep, like I said. Addicted.
Here I am in my complementary bathrobe and sporting my cool pin having made PLATINUM status, baby!
- I'm a nationally-recognized award winning artist. In high school, my art teacher submitted a mixed media piece of mine to the Scholastic Art and Writing Competition where it won a National Silver Award. Also, like so many other Asian children, I played the piano and in elementary school, one of my compositions called "The Train" also won awards. My artistic side is really in a past life as I joke that going into engineering school killed all creativity. So now, I like to pretend I'm an artist when I take short painting classes such as this...
Me with my painting of Toby that I created!
- I can play the piano upside down. Okay, so it's only one or two songs but it got your attention, didn't it? I saw it on Nickelodeon as a kid and decided to try it once. It's now my stupid human trick :P.
- I've donated my hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths 3 times. Did you know it takes at least 6 ponytails to create a single wig? And unlike Locks of Love, you only need 8 inches of hair to make a donation and all of it goes to the patients that really need it.
Donated 12-inches of hair this time!
- One of my bucket list aspirations is to be issued as US Patent. At my workplace, you get a beautiful plaque that shows the first page of your patent as recognition. I'd love to invent something one day...
Thanks for reading and thanks again Angelina for this award!
One Year Ago: Pumpkin Pecan Loaf