And so continues Emily and my Summer Seasonal Fruit and Veggies Extravaganza. We followed our refreshing Watermelon Slush mocktails with another refreshing, barely cooked dish.
Emily and I must have been on the same wavelength because this recipe was on both of our radars. I like how we often think alike when it comes to food :). Summer tomatoes and corn are no brainers to include in this theme and having the boys give the corn some charred flavor on the grill keeps things cool in the kitchen. Add avocado and bacon then serve it in a lettuce leaf and you have yourself a deliciously fresh finger food!
On Thursday you get a bonus post for the week- another product review+giveaway! Then, on Friday you get the main course from Emily and my Summer Seasonal Fruit and Veggie Extravaganza before we finish off with two desserts next week.
Can't get enough lettuce wraps? Try this Chorizo and Sweet Potato Lettuce Wrap or Asian Lettuce Wrap!
One Year Ago: Jerk Chicken with Mango Cilantro Relish
BLT Corn Salad Wrap
|Photo Credit: Emily H.|
Yields: 5 cups of corn mixture
- 3 ears of corn, shucked of their husks and silk
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 avocado, diced
- 3 sliced crisp cooked bacon, diced
- juice of 1 lime
- about 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- a good sprinkling of chili powder and smokey paprika
- butter lettuce or iceberg lettuce leaves
- hot sauce and sour cream for topping
- Over a gas burner or grill, char raw shucked corn. Rotate corn until cob is charred on all sides. Allow corn to cool before slicing corn kernels from the cob.
- Add corn kernels to a medium bowl. Add sliced cherry tomatoes, green onion, diced avocado, and diced bacon. Squeeze in lime juice. Add olive oil, salt, pepper, and slices. Stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Rinse and clean individual lettuce leaves. Serve alongside a bowl of corn salad. To serve, scoop corn salad into lettuce leaves, top with hot sauce, sour cream, fold up like a taco and enjoy!
Source: Joy the Baker
|This recipe was a Tasty Treasure at Fantastical Sharing of Recipes!|