It has all the flavors of loaded baked potatoes but is lightened up a bit by my substitution of Greek yogurt for the sour cream. Nobody could tell I did this and upon being told it was "healthier", some went for seconds. I like the way it looks, too. All those delicious bits of bacon, cheese, and green onions really gives this potato salad a pop of color compared to their rather anemic looking white or yellow run-of-the-mill potato salad.
Make this for Labor Day as Summer brings on its last hurrah!
One Year Ago: Grilled Maple Chili Salmon
Loaded Baked Potato Salad
|Photo Credit: Emily H.|
- 1.5 pounds red potatoes (or 4 large Russet or Yukon Gold potatoes)
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped chives or green onions, divided
- 6 strips of bacon (4 for the salad and 1 for topping), cooked and crumbled
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Hot sauce, to taste
- In a small bowl, mix together the ranch dressing and Greek yogurt. Add half of the chives, cheese, and pepper, stirring until well combined. Season with salt and hot sauce, to taste. Let chill in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, peel and cube potatoes into bite size pieces. Put in a large pot, cover with water, and boil until fork tender, about 15-20 minutes. Drain and set aside to steam dry and cool.
- Put potatoes in a large bowl or dish and combine with dressing and yogurt mixture. Top with remaining chives and crumbled bacon. Chill before serving.