And we're back with the desserts from Emily and my Seasonal Summer Fruit and Vegetable Extravaganza! We made two desserts and I wasn't sure which to share first so I asked my friend Jackie. She picked this one to share with you first.
This healthy froyo was extremely simple and extremely DELICIOUS!! It was my favorite recipe from the whole night. The flavor is fresh, the texture was creamy (except for the seeds which I completely forgot to strain out...oops!), and the color was vibrantly spot-on to Graeter's Black Raspberry Chip Ice Cream which made it all the more visually appealing. By the way, did I mention that if you make it with fat free yogurt (I love Fage 0% Greek Yogurt), that there's only about 2g of fat in the whole batch? And that fat comes from the raspberries...who would have known that those contained fat??
To recap the Seasonal Summer Fruit and Veggies Extravaganza so far: Watermelon Slush, BLT Corn Salad Wraps, and Cherry BBQ Pulled Pork Grilled Pizza. Check back on Friday for the final dessert course and recap of our latest Extravaganza.
Only a couple more days left to enter my Beer Flats giveaway so make sure to enter now. Your chances of winning are pretty high!
One Year Ago: Pork Sandwiches with Cilantro Jalapeno Slaw
Black Raspberry Frozen Yogurt
|Photo Credit: Emily H.|
Yields: 1 quart
- 2 cups Greek yogurt (whole milk preferred to help keep from freezing rock solid but we used fat free and ate it fresh - it was fine)
- ¾ cups sugar
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1-2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- Combine the yogurt, sugar, berries, and lemon juice in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Press the mixture through a fine mesh sieve to remove the seeds. Stir in the vanilla.
- Freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.