Sunday, November 15, 2009

Corn Casserole

I made this for a dinner club that Chris and I were a part of.  We were in charge of bringing a side and the theme this month was "Holiday Favorites".  This was added to the menu the morning of...because people in the club are total overachievers I felt that I had to bring a 2nd side dish as to not be shamed.  I was between this and homemade macaroni and cheese.  Our friends Sig and Kristen helped me decide which to make :).

Having not made this recipe before it was a slight risk bringing it to a dinner party but it looked easy enough, had rave reviews, and Paula (with her loads of butter!) can't steer you wrong.  I'll admit that I probably shamed Paula as I did not use the full amount of butter nor cheese and did use reduced fat sour cream.  I don't think anyone could tell ;). 

This was pretty good and was well received (only a single bite left in the pan!).  Sweet Potato Souffle is still my favorite holiday side dish...along with my Grandpa's stuffing...omg.  My mouth is watering for Thanksgiving already!

Corn Casserole
Printer-Friendly Version











Prep Time: 13 mins
Cook Time: 55mins
Yield: 6-8 Servings

Ingredients
  • 1 (15 1/4-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
  • 1 (14 3/4-ounce) can cream-style corn
  • 1 (8-ounce) package corn muffin mix (recommended: Jiffy)
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
  • 1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. In a large bowl, stir together the 2 cans of corn, corn muffin mix, sour cream, and melted butter.
  3. Pour into a greased 9 by 13-inch casserole dish.
  4. Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
  5. Remove from oven and top with Cheddar.
  6. Return to oven for 5 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
  7. Let stand for at least 5 minutes and then serve warm.
Source: Paula Deen

No comments: