Today's mac and cheese was submitted by Mandy. She told me it's the BEST mac but technically cheating since it starts from a bag mix. However she swore it was delicious and a must try, even if I'd never admit to liking it publicly. Guess she kind of forgot the fact that I sorta kinda need to share the recipes with the entire world so now you all know our dirty little secret *gasp*!
As we already discovered earlier in our Mac and Cheese journey, sometimes the simplest macaroni and cheese recipes (like Bonnie's Grammy's Mac and Cheese which only has four ingredients, one of which is Kraft Singles!), can be surprisingly delicious. Then, if you dress it up with ingredients like bacon, can you really go wrong? I think not.
All in all, this is a great quick meal solution. This was the first (and only) recipe submitted in the contest which included bacon and Chris approved of that addition. If you hide and throw away the bag, you could impress your family as long as your conscience doesn't eat away at you ;).
Have you been remembering to enter for your chance to win either Mac & Cheese by Ellen Brown or Mac and Cheese, Please! by Laura Werlin! As always, see this page for full contest details :).
Three Years Ago: Chinese Chicken Corn Soup and Banana Pancakes
Spinach and Bacon Macaroni & Cheese
- 1 pkg. (12.6 oz.) Kraft Homestyle Macaroni & Cheese Dinner Classic Cheddar Cheese Sauce
- 2 cups packed baby spinach leaves
- 1/8 tsp. ground red pepper flakes
- 4 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
- Prepare mac & cheese in large saucepan as directed on package except do not top with bread crumb topping.
- Stir in spinach and red pepper flakes; cook and stir 2 min. or just until spinach is wilted.
- Stir in bacon. Sprinkle with crumb topping.