Sorry, no pictures of this one but I think you all know what syrup looks like. This one had a nice syrupy consistency and a beautiful dark amber color.
My personal contributions for this dinner club consisted of:
- Country Fried Steak
- Belgian Waffle Bar (with homemade Strawberry Topping and Syrup)
- Bacon Egg and Toast Cups
- Mimosas (equal parts of champagne and orange juice)
Prep Time: 15 Min
Cook Time: 7 Min
Ready In: 30 Min
Yields: 12 Servings
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, combine the sugars, water and corn syrup; bring to a boil over medium heat. Simmer for 7 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in maple flavoring and vanilla.
- Cool for 15 minutes. Serve over pancakes, waffles or French toast.