My personal contributions for this dinner club consisted of:
- Country Fried Steak
- Belgian Waffle Bar (with homemade Strawberry Topping and Syrup)
- Bacon Egg and Toast Cups
- Mimosas (equal parts of champagne and orange juice)
Prep Time: 15 Min
Cook Time: 5 Min
Ready In: 35 Min
Yields: 4 Servings
- 1 pint strawberries, cleaned and stemmed
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Cut about 1/3 of the strawberries in half.
- In a saucepan over medium high heat, combine uncut strawberries, sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice. Cook, stirring occasionally and smashing strawberries with spoon as they soften, until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add remaining 1/3 of cut strawberries into cooked mixture. Store in refrigerator to cool before serving over waffles, pancakes, ice cream, or cheesecake.