Sunday, February 14, 2010

Spicy Sausage Dip

They might as well call this one "crack dip" because it's so addicting.  I had to taste test it before bringing to my Uncle's house for the Super Bowl party and it was so hard to stop eating it straight from the pan!  I'm kind of like the unofficial appetizer/dip bringer to our family events...probably because I personally prefer savory/salty stuff to sweets and Ali owns that arena, anyway.  I think it kind of looks a bit unappetizing (dare I say, like vomit?) but don't let that fool you...

Yes, it's fattening but your taste buds will thank you for eating this one.  If it makes you feel any better, make it with turkey sausage and low-fat or fat-free cream cheese.  I doused mine with who knows how many dashes of Tabasco sauce.  I like it hot!!!  I feel like the cream cheese can cool the overall heat of the dish down so I could really load up on the spiciness.  It's the kind of yummy spiciness that builds over time so be careful if you plan on getting addicted and eating a lot.  You can adjust the seasoning to your desired spiciness.

Spicy Sausage Dip
Printer-Friendly Version



















Ingredients:
  • 1 (16 oz.) package spicy/zesty sausage
  • 1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
  • 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese
  • Hot sauce, to taste
Directions:

  1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the crumbled sausage until browned. Drain off any excess fat.
  2. Reduce the heat to medium and mix in the tomatoes, cream cheese, and hot sauce. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture is warmed through and the ingredients are well blended.
  3. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. Serve warm with tortilla chips and/or crackers.
Source: My Baking Addiction as seen on Annie's Eats

1 comment:

Jes said...

this would be SOOOO good as a dip for the pretzels I make...I'm on it!