I wanted to make homemade sub bread but wasn't able to find a suitable recipe in time and was feeling a bit lazy (*gasp*). Do you have a tried and true sub recipe that I can try? If so, leave a comment so I can give it a whirl!
I've been making a concious effort to make meals based on what's on sale for the week and then reusing either ingredients or even leftover meals to create something completely new for later in the week. Whenever I do this, I'll make sure to point out the possibilities. How's that for easy meal planning? :)
Prefer chicken? Try this Chicken Parmesan Meatball Sub from Rachel Ray!
Yields: 2 6-inch sub sandwiches
- Approximately 12 Meatballs and some spaghetti sauce
- 1 Foot store-bought take-and-bake sub sandwich bread
- Shredded mozzerella cheese
- Slice bread lengthwise then into two equal 6 inch pieces. Bake according to package directions, underbaking by about 3 minutes.
- If needed, heat meatballs and sauce on stove over medium heat.
- Turn oven onto broil. Spoon 6 meatballs and some sauce onto each sandwich then top with shredded cheese. Put sandwiches back into oven and broil until cheese is brown and lightly toasted. Serve hot.