Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Orange Push-Up Smoothies

Hi!  I'm popping in really quickly to share a quick recipe.  Who remembers those orange push up pops with the primary colored dots on the outside?  They remind me of my Grandparents because they always bought them for us when we visited.  It's been years since I've had one and frankly, I'm not sure if they still make them anymore?

When I made this recipe, it reminded me of that long lost orange push-up pop flavor.  The only difference was that it was in the form of a smoothie rather than the classic and fun push-up pop.  Depending on the brand of orange concentrate you use you may need more or less sugar as there are varying levels of "orange peel" bitterness to each brand.

Bottoms up and here's to our childhoods!

Orange Push-Up Smoothies


Orange Push-Up Smoothies

Ingredients

  • 1 can orange juice concentrate, slightly thawed 
  • 1 cup milk 
  • 1/2 cup sugar, or to taste
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 
  • 2 cups ice, or to taste 
Directions
  1. Combine all ingredients, except for the ice, in a large blender and blend until smooth and creamy, taking care the sugar has dissolved and is well incorporated. If desired, add a splash more water or more milk. Add the ice and blend until smooth. Makes approximately three eight-ounce portions.
Source: Averie Cooks as seen on Delicious Melicious

No comments: