Two Years Ago: Grandma B's Brownies - This recipe comes from Chris' grandmother and she made THE BEST brownies. Yep, we're letting you in on the secret recipe ;).
Coconut Potato Curry with Basil and Pecans
Yields: 4 Servings (1.5 cups each)
- 500 g new potatoes, steamed for 10 minutes
- 1/3 cup pecans (or nut of your choice), chopped
- 1 cup green beans (or peas, or mixed vegetables), fresh or frozen
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Handful of basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pan, heat the oil and cumin. When they begin to sizzle, add the pecans and gently roast. Add the steamed potatoes and toss to coat. Add 1/2 cup water with the tomato paste and incorporate. Add the cherry tomatoes and simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Add all of the spices. Stir well to coat the potatoes. Mash any tomatoes that are cooked through. Simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and red bell pepper and green beans (or other veggies). Simmer until the sauce begins to thicken. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add chopped basil to garnish. Serve as is or over rice (or caulirice) if desired.