Shrimp Pico de Gallo
Shrimpy Pico de Gallo
Pico de Shrimpo
Shrimpo de Gallo
No matter what the name, this dip is a nice change from the traditional salsa and will win your heart over. (And then give you some heartburn if you can't take the heat and/or you over-fiesta!). It can be thrown together quickly for those last minute fiestas if you get your slicing and dicing on.
This recipe is Tapas Themed Dinner Club approved and once again, I suck and forgot to take a picture so thank you Emily for the photo! The dip is in the center and NO, you don't dip the churros into the Shrimpo de Gallo. Use tortilla chips, silly! (The items were plated this way for ease of transport.)
One Year Ago: Hm yeah seriously...apparently I took the entire month of May off so...nothing. I blame being on vacation and then trying to catch up from vacation. Sorry!
Two Years Ago: Blonde Brownies...because blondes have more fun?
Shrimpo de Gallo
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yields: 12 servings
- 1 pound Cooked Cocktail Shrimp (tails removed), Chopped
- ½ whole Red Onion, Diced Finely
- ½ cups Green Or Black Olives, Chopped (I omitted...I hate olives, yuck!)
- 2 whole Tomatoes, Diced
- 2 whole Fresh Jalapeno Peppers, Minced (I used about 15 slices from a jar)
- 2 whole Avocados, Chopped
- 2 whole Limes, Juiced
- Kosher Salt To Taste
- 2 cups Cilantro, Chopped
- Combine shrimp, red onion, olives, tomatoes, and jalapenos in a large bowl. Add lime juice to taste, then a dash of kosher salt. Add cilantro. Stir gently with a spoon, then taste on a tortilla chip so you’ll have an accurate gauge of the salt content. Add more salt and/or lemon juice if needed.
- Chill until serving. Note that the avocado will brown if too much time passes, so if you want to make this ahead of time, leave out the avocado until just before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips!
Source: Pioneer Woman