Teriyaki chicken is one of those meals that I always thought would be harder to make so I was pleasantly surprised by this recipe. It's easy, it's healthy, and it's delicious...despite a pretty poor looking photo which was my fault! I like mine over rice. Yum!
One Year Ago: Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
Pineapply Teriyaki Chicken
Yields: 4 Servings
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1/3 cup dry sherry, (NOT cooking sherry)
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 20-ounce can pineapple rings, plus 1/3 cup juice from the can
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken thighs, (about 1 1/2 pounds), trimmed
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Whisk sherry, soy sauce, brown sugar and the 1/3 cup pineapple juice in a large bowl. Add pineapple rings and chicken and gently stir to coat. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium-high.
- Remove the chicken and pineapple from the marinade and pat dry; reserve the marinade. Oil the grill rack. Grill the chicken and pineapple until the chicken is cooked through and the pineapple is marked, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Whisk the reserved marinade and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook, whisking, until reduced and thickened, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in butter. Serve the chicken and pineapple drizzled with the sauce over rice, if desired.
Source: Eating Well