Christine's Fried Rice
- 2 c. white rice (uncooked)
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 1/2 c. frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 c. various cooked meat (ham, chicken, turkey, shrimp, etc.), diced
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 eggs (optional)
- Oyster sauce, to taste (start with about 1 tsp.)
- Reduced sodium soy sauce, to taste
- Seasoning salt, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Drizzle of sesame oil (optional)
- Make rice in a rice cooker per your unit's directions then put in refrigerator until well cooled. Day old rice works best!
- In a small bowl, thaw frozen vegetables by adding some water. Drain and set aside.
- Heat wok over high heat. Pour in oil, then stir in onions, mixed vegetables, and meat; cook until onions are translucent and meat is heated.
- If desired, crack in eggs, stirring quickly to scramble eggs with vegetables and meat.
- Stir in cooked cooled rice. Shake in oyster sauce, soy sauce, and seasonings tossing rice to coat. Heat until rice is warmed. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Drizzle with sesame oil if desired and toss again. Serve hot.