I've been getting a crazy amount of greens from our farmshare lately. Spicy greens, napa cabbage, lettuce, spinach, swiss chard, turnip greens. Seriously. You name it, I've probably gotten it in the past month. Chris and I could only eat so many salads and honestly, I was starting to run out of foods to make with all these greens. That was, until I saw this recipe in our CSA newsletter.
I'm a sucker for baked foil packet fish. The last version that I made (Foil-Baked Fish with Black Beans and Corn) pretty much knocked my socks off. This one was great too! The foil packet preparation results in a moist fish that cooks in all the yummy juices that you add. This recipe tasted just like my favorite Chinese Steamed Fish but simpler with its "one dish" preparation.
Do you have any other favorite foil-baked recipes? I kind of feel like the possibilities are endless!
Foil-Baked White Fish with Ginger Over Wilted Greens
- 6 cups baby spinach OR any mixed greens
- 4 – 5 ounce white fish filets
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ cup Marsala wine or chicken broth
- 8 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 lime quartered
- 2 Tablespoons basil chiffonade
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Tear off 4 sheets of foil or parchment paper that are 12 inches long. On individual squares: Place 1 ½ cups of greens in center of the square then on top of the greens add the fish. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon into each packet of ginger, garlic, soy sauce, ½ teaspoonful sesame oil. Drizzle 2 Tablespoons of liquid or wine. Bringing the two long sides of the square together, fold over the food. Fold over three or more times. Fold and crimp the remaining sides. Repeat until all 4 packets are made.
- Bake 10 minutes in hot oven. Let sit 5 minutes before opening. Squeeze lime juice and sprinkle basil into each packet and enjoy!
Source: Cedarmore Farm CSA Newsletter