The flavor was great but here's the the thing. My cheese cubes didn't melt and disperse into the soup. They stayed as softened/melted brown colored cubes of cheese which just weirded me out. Maybe it was the type of cheese I used? I don't know. It was Kraft Pepper Jack Cheese in a block and I sliced it into cubes like the directions said I should. Next time if I make this again, I'd probably shred the cheese instead in hopes that it just might go INTO the chili instead of staying separate.
The Easiest White Bean Chicken Chili
- 3 cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes with chilis
- 1 can corn
- 1 tsp. cumin powder (optional for more flavor)
- 1 tsp chili powder (optional for more flavor)
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat
- 8 ounces Pepper jack cheese, cut into 2-inch cubes (I'd shred them next time instead)
- 2 cups salsa
- Optional garnishes: shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado, sliced green onions, fresh cilantro, diced fresh tomatoes, crushed tortilla chips, extra salsa, tabasco/cholula hot sauce, etc.
- Combine the beans, tomatoes, corn, cheese, spices (if desired), and salsa in a crockpot. Nestle the chicken breasts into the mixture, and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Shred chicken breasts with a fork then stir to combine. Serve with desired garnishes.