Sunday, January 17, 2010

Shrimp Scampi Bake

One of my favorite things to get at Red Lobster is their shrimp scampi.  There's something about shrimp swimming around in garlicy butter that is irresistable!  I had to make a mini-batch for Chris due to the use and extreme disdain of mustard in the recipe.  I was surprised by the use of this ingredient but it really gave the scampi a delicious zip!  Very easy and very good!  I served mine over angel hair pasta to make a complete meal.  I think in the future I'd add some halved cherry (or grape) tomatoes and some sliced steamed asparagus for color and inclusion of veggies.

This entree was part of the birthday dinner that I made for my mom.  The other items from this dinner menu can be found at their respective blog posts:
Shrimp Scampi Bake
Printer-Friendly Version



















Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cook Time: 15 Mins
Ready In: 30 Mins
Yields: 6 Servings

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 2 Tablespoons prepared Dijon mustard
  • 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
  • 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
  • 2 pounds raw medium shrimp, shelled and deveined with tails attached*
*Note: Used medium fully cooked frozen cocktail shrimp with tails removed since I was serving it over pasta and making it easier to eat.  I watched the baking time until the shrimps curled slightly and the butter was melted.  I'd guess it was bout 8 minutes at 350 degrees.

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
  2. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine all ingredients except for shrimp.  When butter has melted and ingredients are fully combined, remove from heat.
  3. Arrange shrimp in a shallow baking dish then pour the butter sauce over the shrimp.
  4. Bake in preheated oven 12-15 minutes or until the shrimp are pink and opaque.
Source: Slightly modified from All Recipes

No comments: