Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Guest Post by The Barbee Housewife: Chicken Bacon Ranch Taquitos

So what did you think of my latest Secret Recipe Club post on Monday?  It was nice to be back and "talking" with you again, even if it was scheduled in advance.  By now, I've now jetted off to my second Asian destination...but still a few days yet before I get to come home.

And so continues the series of guest posters.  We're on #3 of 6 so the fun is still just beginning!  Caroline of The Barbee Housewife is another What's Cooking message board member.

For her post, she chose to share a taquito recipe.  Now, I have tried the Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos that have been floating around the blogosphere before and enjoyed them (freeze well, too!).  I can't wait to try this version as well because can you really go wrong with the addition of bacon?  No, you cannot.  Plus, it gives me another reason to use my Homemade Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning!

Other things that caught my eye on Caroline's blog?  Pig Candy (Candied Bacon), Orange and Rosemary Pork Tenderloin, and S'mores Popcorn!  Looks like I'll have quite a bit of cooking to do once I return home!

One Year Ago: Potato and Tomato Gratin and Foil-Baked Fish with Black Beans and Corn (featured on Once a Month Mom's freezer cooking May 2012 Diet Menu!)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Hi, I am Caroline, of The Barbee Housewife, and I have the great honor of featuring on Christine's Kitchen Chronicles today, and I am so excited! My blog is a way for me to share my love for cooking with the world, because otherwise it would only be for my husband and myself, which seemed like a shame to me. We love to entertain at the Barbee household so on my blog you will find a lot of delicious appetizers that will impress others and the ease of the preparation will be just our secret!

Today, I am going to share one of our very favorite appetizers, chicken bacon ranch taquitos. The ingredients in the name say it all, who couldn't like these? It is perfect for a crowd, they are delicious and I think even your pickiest eaters will love them. These are a win-win situation because you can prep them before hand and just throw in the oven minutes before your guests arrive so you will have your house smelling amazing. Did I just say throw in the oven and taquitos? That is right, a good, ole' fashioned favorite baked instead of fried, and you will not miss the fried one bit, I can promise you that.  This recipe is for a party appetizer so it makes twenty, however,  it can easily be halved!

Chicken Bacon Ranch Taquitos
Source: Carrie's Sweet Life, via Six Sisters' Stuff

Ingredients:
  • 1 package of Cream Cheese, 8 oz. softened
  • 12 slices of Bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • 4 cups of Chicken, cooked and shredded, Rotisserie Chicken is perfect for this
  • 1 packet of Ranch Dressing Mix
  • 2 cups of Monterrey Jack Cheese, shredded
  • 3-4 tablespoons of Green Onions, chopped
  • 20 Flour Tortillas, 6-inch size
  • Salt
  • Non-Stick Cooking Spray
Directions:
  1. First, pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees.
  2. Next, get out a large baking sheet and line it with aluminum foil. Spray it with your non-stick cooking spray.
  3. Now, get out a large bowl. Mix together the cream cheese, bacon, chicken, ranch dressing mix, cheese, and green onions. Make sure all of these ingredients are combined well so you get some in each bite.
  4. Now, you are going to roll these taquitos one at a time so get ready. Have one tortilla and place 2-3 tablespoons of the mixture in each taquito and roll it up. Place it seam-side down on the cooking sheet. Repeat until all of your tortillas are made and no mixture is left to spare.
  5. Next, spray the tops of the taquitos with your non-stick cooking spray and sprinkle with a little bit of salt.
  6. Finally, place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes for the last 30 seconds-1 minute change the temperature on your oven from bake to broil so these taquitos will get a nice browning on top.
  7. When you pull them out of the oven, let cool and then slice in half diagonally and serve with ranch dressing for dipping.
Enjoy!

Happy Cooking,
The Barbee Housewife

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice recipe. Unfortunately, I'm cooking bad :(.
But my friend recommended me a site funny cooking book
I always check out this website before making food.
Sorry for my English. It's my third language.