Friday, December 2, 2011

Recipe Swap: Cranberry White Chocolate Almond Cookies

I brought these cookies to my family Thanksgiving and all but 3 lonely cookies were devoured despite having some fierce competition from pumpkin pie, oreo ice cream cake, thumbprint cookies, pumpkin rolls, and more.  I had not one person, but three different aunts/uncles that asked me for the recipe.  And now, I'm sharing them with you :).  These cookies burst with goodies...in fact, I might actually decrease the amount of chips in the future out of personal preference for a higher cookie to stuff ratio but left the directions as is for now.

Thanks again for A Taste of Home Cooking for hosting the swap (this edition was Thanksgiving Desserts)!  I'm not sure yet who got my post and I gave them two options so I'll come back and update this post later once I know.  I didn't tell you but I'm secretly floating somewhere in the Caribbean Sea as you're reading this right now.  Ahhh, sand between my toes and sun on my face :D.

Cranberry White Chocolate Almond Cookies
Cranberry White Chocolate Almond Cookies

Ingredients
  • 3 cups all-purpose Flour
  • 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
  • 1 teaspoon Salt
  • 1 cup unsalted Butter, room temperature
  • 1 cup Brown Sugar
  • 2 whole large Eggs
  • 1 tablespoon Vanilla
  • 1 cup dried Cranberries
  • 1 cup White Chocolate Chips
  • 3/4 cup chopped Almonds
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
  2. Beat butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.  Beat in eggs, one at a time. Then add vanilla and mix.  Add dry ingredients until just blended.  Add cranberries, chocolate and almonds and incorporate into dough.
  3. Drop by the heaping Tablespoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet leaving 1 - 1.5 inches between each drop.
  4. Bake at 350F degrees for about 12 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
Source: As swapped by Jenna's Cooking Journey and slightly modified from Through the Bugs on my Windshield

3 comments:

Sarah - The Home Cook said...

That's impressive that most were eaten given all the other desserts on offer. :)

Thanks for being part of the recipe swaps!

Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather said...

These look great! The combo of cranberries + white chocolate was meant to go together.

Heather Ryley said...

I switched out the cranberries for cherries and the vanilla extract for almond and left the almond chunks out all together=AMAZING!!