Friday, May 1, 2009

Blonde Brownies

I'm not really much of a sweets person but Chris is so I try to make the occasional dessert to satisfy his need for sugar.  This is a new recipe for me but I think it turned out pretty good.  I'd say it's more of a cookie bar or one of those cookie "cakes" than a brownie and I think I under baked it but it just made it extra ooey and gooey :).  For once, I didn't modify the ingredients AT ALL!  I kind of believe that baking isn't meant to be messed with...though, I did prepare the recipe "lazily" (ie: no sifting, no intermediate mixing...just dumped all my ingredients in a bowl and blended with a mixer!).  An easy recipe for when you need to satisfy your sweet tooth.

Blonde Brownies
(Source: All Recipes)


PREP TIME
10 Min
COOK TIME
25 Min
READY IN
35 Min

SERVINGS 16

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
  • 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1/3 cup butter
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
  2. Measure 1 cup sifted flour. Add baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Sift again. Add 1/2 cup chopped nuts. Mix well and set aside.
  3. Melt 1/3 cup butter. Add 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar and mix well. If shortening is used, add 1 tablespoon hot water. Cool slightly.
  4. Add egg (beaten) and vanilla. Blend well. Add flour mixture, a little at a time, mixing well.
  5. Spread in 9 x 9 x 2 inch pan. Sprinkle 1/2 to 1 cup chocolate chips on top. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes 

No comments: