For those still looking for something quick and easy to put on their Superbowl spread, this ought to do the trick. Same goes for the uber delicious Hawaian roll ham and cheese sliders. There's something about mini sammies, melted cheese, and butter that makes for happy people. Since both can be assembled in advance, you could have them in the fridge ready to bake for whenever that game ends up being. It's sure to be a hit with your guests!
More Superbowl food ideas:
And umm...go...well...yeah. I don't even know who's playing this year so guess I'm not rooting for anybody in particular!
For the sandwiches
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 12 Hawaiian rolls
- 48 slices large deli pepperoni (or 1 lb pepperoni slices)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Sliced onions, green peppers, olives (optional)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- A few dashes Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread pizza sauce onto both sides of the center of each roll. Place 2 large slices (or a few small slices) of pepperoni and a some shredded cheese inside of each roll. If you want, dress them up with your desired veggies. Close rolls and put into a large baking dish or heavy cookie sheet so that the sandwiches are touching each other.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the topping ingredients. Pour evenly over all of the sandwiches, just enough to cover the tops; let sandwiches sit for at least 10 minutes to absorb the butter and seasonings. If desired, sandwiches can be assembled and buttered a day ahead, covered and kept in the fridge until ready to bake.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Uncover and cook for 2 additional minutes or until tops are slightly brown and crispy. Serve warm.