|There are mountains and ice in this place.|
|Sunsets always beautiful but this one was absolutely breathtaking...|
|An iceberg...know where in the world I went, yet?|
|How about somewhere with penguins?|
|Are you my twin?|
Yes, I was in ANTARCTICA. And it was simply AMAZING. Every single thing that I saw was so beautiful and awe inspiring that I literally had sensory overload. One of my favorite memories was having a baby penguin come right up to me and stand in between my legs on a windy day as if it was seeking shelter and I was its mommy. I also saw the most gorgeous sunset of my life. The last photo is me designating that it is the 6th continent that I have visited (the only one left for me is Africa which was originally planned for last year before the Egyptian riots spoiled my plans).
Korean Style Short Ribs
- 1 c. soy sauce
- 1 c. packed light brown sugar
- 4 T. sesame oil
- 3 T. red wine vinegar
- 2 T. fresh ginger, minced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 t. red pepper
- 1 t. ground ginger
- 1 t. black pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds beef short ribs (I went with boneless)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Mix the soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, vinegar, fresh ginger, garlic, and water in the crockpot, stirring until well incorporated. Sprinkle in the red pepper, ground ginger, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Place the ribs in the crockpot and spoon sauce over top of ribs. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove ribs from crockpot and serve over rice. Top with green onions.