Chicken Lo Mein
(Source and Photo Credit : Modified from Annie's Eats)
6 oz. lo mein noodles
1.5 tbsp. oyster sauce
2 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup chicken broth
Long squeeze of Sriracha Hot Sauce or Pinch red pepper flakes, to taste
1/2 tbsp. canola oil
1 medium chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
1/2 small onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, seeded and sliced thin
1 cup snow peas
4 oz. sliced mushrooms
1 large carrot, cut into coins or matchsticks
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. sesame oil
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add noodles and cook according to package directions, then drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, make your sauce by combining the oyster sauce, soy sauce, chicken broth and hot sauce (or red pepper flakes). Set aside.
- Bring canola oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the chicken and cook until done.
- Add the vegetables and stir fry until tender-crisp, just a couple minutes. (If you want certain veggies more done, just cook them longer and stagger your vegetable additions.
- Add the sauce, and then add the noodles. Mix everything together well. If the veggies need to cook longer, cover and steam until done. Drizzle with sesame oil and toss again. Serve immediately.